Thursday, July 11, 2024

Karma - and why the world is round

It is close to bed time and I am lying on the bed after a hectic day. I am feeling a bit peckish and am munching some cashew nuts from a big box of dry fruits that my daughter gifted me.

I am feeling it is Karma. I used to regularly gift my mother packets of dry fruits. For me it seemed like a small gesture, and I never used to understand why her face used to light up with happiness whenever I gave her the dry fruits. Now while munching the dry fruits my daughter gave me, I know the reason. It is not as if I cannot buy it myself - I can buy stuff anytime (though I rarely do - my parsimonious nature does not allow me to buy anything "indulging" for myself). 

The happiness is because it is the thought that counts - the love that gets shown through simple gestures from your loved ones. And anything prepared or given with love always tastes so wonderful. 

Bless all those who give only from love.

No comments: