Sunday, December 1, 2013

Why The Wife Walks Behind Her Husband

I got the blinding revelation suddenly.  Cars in the fast lane are compelled to perpetually move at a fast pace because of the car behind them coming at a fast pace.  So the car in the front is pressurised to travel fast because of the "forward pressure" exerted by the car behind it.....

I thought I will use this "forward pressure" principle to good use for a 20 year problem that I have been facing ...

You see, when I and my wife go out walking, it typically starts out with us walking side by side like this ....


But then, within moments we are walking like this, with me in the front, and my wife following about 10 feet behind me:


The result is, our net cumulative speed is always slow .......

Today having keenly observed what happens in the fast lane, I thought I will use the "forward pressure" principle. Henceforth I am going to walk behind my wife so that I exert a forward pressure on my wife to walk faster.


You would have expected that this tactic of mine would now force my wife to walk faster..

But I was mistaken.....

"What are you doing?" she said, turning around and looking at me suspiciously.

"Nothing - am just walking behind you" I said, unwilling to give the game away.

"No, there is something wrong" she says, and walks even slower until I am forced to brake in order to avoid bumping into her.

"So, what is wrong, tell me?" she says now and keenly scans the surroundings.  And then I had the 2nd blinding revelation that day - wives walk behind their husbands to keep a close watch on them - after all there may be quite a few "untoward distractions" on the road for the husband.....

So we are back to square one now - and please notice the triumphant glee on someone's face :


And whoever compared a car to a woman is an absolute idiot.

4 comments:

manu said...

Oh Okay okay. now i understand. Thank you for the valuable info, also thoroughly enjoyed reading this post.

Gautam Shenoy said...

Maybe that is why there is a woman behind every successful man-to keep a watch on him :)

vandram said...

Thanks Manu - if I remember right, Premlatha walks 20 feet behind you :)

vandram said...

More like shepharding him - far easier from the rear :)