Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Starting All Over Again

I believe some of us are destined to keep starting and restarting our lives constantly.

It has its pleasures and pains - but sometimes the pain overshadows and you wish that you had your old comfort zone back, with everything set and neatly organised.

There was the initial stress regarding school admissions - that fortunately was amicably resolved.

Currently I am struggling to get my driving licence in the UAE.  Cannot drive around, and need to depend on Taxis - not a situation I relish.  Ultimately I know this too will pass.

I knew that restarting our life peridically has its share of pain and trauma - but I wonder what is that makes guys like me forget the pain involved while taking the decision to move on.

Perhaps if people only remember the pain associated with a move to a new situation/location, then not many people would venture out - that seems to be the only explanation I have right now.

At the moment though I am quite envious of those guys who are quite content and happy being where they are!

7 comments:

Kalpana Sitaraman said...

I think we only see beauty in sepia tinted pictures. Despite your description, I still find the grass greener yonder!

Sorry, couldn't catch up before you left. Good luck on settling down.

Finetastes said...

Hi Ram
For starters, never knew you blogged. Will be good to lurk once in a while to read ur views and rues :)
Relocation to me meant - clearing up all the stuff that has been gathering negative energies at home (unused, simply sitting there kinda stuff), visiting new places (even if it is a place I have been earlier to, time sure would have changed it),meeting new people, learning new things and yes ofcourse the flip side being "change is never easy".
Cheers to you !

vandram said...

Took me a minute to figure out who "FineTastes" and GP is! Thanks - did not realise either that you wrote a travel blog. Liked your piece on Mangalore and the pictures.

Shailen said...

Ram, getting a International Driving Licence in India would have been easier??

Shailen said...

We have changed 7 locations in last 22 years and Kavita realises the pain associated with relocation more than me (I used to make myself busy, while she , an expert in managing packers, would do the needful:)). But we made friends all over the country and loved all the places we lived, best stint being Ahmedabad with Reliance...BTW, now Kavita threatens, this time I move alone, if that happens :)

Nermine from Cairo, Egypt said...

Humans are ept to forget. We have a natural tendency to do so. And usually we forget the bad but remember the good or at least more easily recall the good. How else would mothers give birth for example? After the first time they would probably stop which is not the case.

manu said...

I think it is all a question of guts and eagerness to explore and learn new places and culture and language and everything. yes, I agree that I was quite content and happy to be where I was. But, nowadays i feel the rumble of guts in me all ready to go. It is just a question of when and what and where it will lead me.