Monday, March 30, 2015

The Pride from Corporate T-shirts

Corporate T-shirts are the least understood and biggest source of employee pride and identity. Unfortunately, not many organisations understand the power of the corporate T-shirt and therefore don't leverage it effectively.  I treasure the T-shirts of whichever organisation I have worked for over my career, and wear it with pride.

When I left TNS about 5 years ago, I had a handful of almost new TNS T-shirts that I very carefully moth-balled with the hope that I will get to use them sometime in the future.  

4 months ago when I rejoined TNS, I looked forward to wearing those old (but still almost brand new) T-shirts again. 

It was only then that I realised that the TNS logo had changed in the meantime. See if you can spot the difference (the new one is on the right).

So effectively I cannot "publicly" wear my T-shirts with the old logo anymore - or so my PR person tells me. In fact she was amused that I have at all so carefully preserved those T-shirts.

I am in the process of re-building my T-shirt collection with the new logo - and I hope to wear them with pride for a long time to come.

1 comment:

Kishore said...

No worries! If anybody comments on the logo, how about saying the logo is gonna 'come back' ! :D