Sunday, February 12, 2023

Why I am destined to be a great singer

My music guru is not happy with the amount of time I spend doing riyaaz (music practice).  "You should put in extra effort and time into doing your riyaaz" he told me.

"Manifestation.  Let me imagine myself as a great singer - then may be I will actually become one" I said to myself and started my riyaaz session today.

I thought I had an especially resonant timbre to my voice today - so opening my mouth wide (like I see the great singers do) I launched into an extended sustaining on the base "Sa" note.

As I was admiring my own resonant voice a mosquito suddenly manifested. This was just about the time I had reached the end of the long sustain on the note and had to draw a deep breath again.  

I don't know how it happened - but the mosquito got drawn into my mouth when I was drawing my deep inward breath. I could feel it enter my throat.

I coughed violently wanting to expel it.  But nothing came out.  I could still feel it stuck in my throat.

I drank a lot of water and ate some biscuits hoping it would descend into my stomach.

I think it is still stuck in my throat as there definitely is a buzz in my voice now when I sing.  

1 comment:

Uma Udaykumar said...

Ha ha ha! Guffaw and all that!