Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Like" Discord

Nowadays it is crucial to do image management, and portray this image of being a far-sighted visionary Leader. Accordingly, I took a selfie of me looking into the far distance, and posted it as my profile photo on fb.

Unfortunately, my wife too decided to update her profile photo the same day.  Here are the 2 photos - and you can see whose photo is clearly superior (mine of course) ...........

In about an hour she mentioned triumphantly "25 likes so far".  I checked mine - no "like" so far.

Another hour later she said "50 likes".  I checked mine - nothing so far.  I was getting highly irritated now.  I mean to say, where are my friends?  Where are the guys who like Intellect?  What are they doing?  Can't they just use one of their fingers and bail me out of this terrible situation?

My wife seemed to be wallowing in her superiority over me - constantly monitoring fb and giving a running commentary on the accumulating "Likes".  Why, she even took her mobile phone into the bathroom, and came out 5 minutes later and triumphantly announced :" I just went in for 5 minutes, and have got another 50 likes".

I mean this is the height!  But there may be a secret there.  I too took my phone into the bathroom.  My son was waiting for me outside the bathroom when I came out. "Let me guess - no likes yet, right?" he said.  That fellow likes to rub it in.

Likes : 192 Comments : 15
By the end of the day, the scores read:
Likes : 1 Comments : 2














Even the 2 comments for my photo were politely enquiring whether I was alright.

That is it.  I am off fb from now on.  

2 comments: