Thursday, April 10, 2014

Will You Give Me A Job?

OPEN LETTER TO VINOD MEHTA, EDITOR OF OUTLOOK MAGAZINE

Dear Editor,

I recently read an issue of Outlook after a very long time.  I notice that you are giving writing opportunities to unknown journalists such as Kumar Ketkar ("covered the collapse of the Soviet union") and Saba Naqvi et al - anybody who is willing to be virulently anti-Modi.  

I am a budding writer (www.vandram.blogspot.com) desperate for a break in journalism.  I am willing to do anything - even write anti-Modi articles - to get my name in print in such a prestigious magazine as yours.  The only subject I am NOT willing to write on is against Jewellery buying.  You see my wife hates anyone mentioning that jewellery is a bad investment, and since we stay in the same house, I am very keen on safeguarding my physical wellbeing.

With warm regards, an aspiring journalist
Ram Mohan Rao

2 comments:

sankaran said...

Ram Mohan Rao in your elements. Keep going.

vandram said...

Thanks very much, Sankaran :)