Thursday, September 5, 2024

Good Audio file compression software

I am an educator - and often take classes online on various topics.  I provide high quality audio recordings of my class to those who missed attending my sessions - and these audio files for a 1 hour session typically run into 800 MB to 1 GB, which is fairly large and bulky to send over email.  And if I upload into the cloud it gobbles up precious cloud space.

Hence I was on the lookout for a good app for my Windows PC that can compress the size of these audio files.  There are some online tools available - but I found them unreliable and of poor compression quality.

I was pleased when last week I discovered a software called Audio Compressor on this website which is quite efficient and quick.  It helps compress files to less than 10 % of the original file size.  So an audio file of 800 MB is shrunk to about 60 MB, making it very convenient to store and share without taking up too much bandwidth and cloud space.

Audio Compressor is a free to use software for home users, and can be downloaded easily to your Windows PC from here.  There is also a paid version for professionals and business purposes which has some extra features built in.  However, for amateurs, the free to use version is adequate and serves the purpose.  This software has helped me clear up a lot of my cloud drive space, and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments: